Pressure mounts for inquiry into historical rape allegation made against attorney general as PM says there’s ‘no suggestion’ Porter will step down. Follow latest updates
• Porter denies historical rape allegation
• Known unknowns: questions Porter did not address
• Journalists reject Porter’s claim media never contacted him
• Katharine Murphy: Morrison must call an independent inquiry
• Follow the global Covid liveblog
At the very start of the day, I mentioned yesterday news about Chief of defence Angus Campbell coming under fire for telling first-year cadets to reduce their risk of being sexually assaulted by avoiding the “four As” – alcohol, out after midnight, alone and attractive.
He has now made a statement to AAP saying that sexual assault perpetrators are always to blame.
I am aware that my comments have been interpreted by some in a way that I did not intend.
There is never an excuse for perpetrating sexual assault or sexual harassment and the perpetrator is always to blame.
Look who else is a fan of Graham Readfearn’s zebrafish story!
Australian scientist gets baby fish to bust a move to MC Hammer classic | Research | #Hamm400aos https://t.co/btqy8oTss9