- UK records 671 deaths and 38,598 cases
- Italy reports a 12,415 cases and 377 deaths
- India begins world’s biggest Covid vaccination program
- Australian Open sees fourth case as player warned for quarantine breach
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Ghana’s Covid-19 infection rates are skyrocketing and include strains of the virus not previously seen in the country, threatening to overwhelm the health system, President Nana Akufo-Addo said on Sunday.
Since 5 January, the number of active cases has risen to 1,924 from about 900, Akufo-Addo said in a speech. There are now 120 severe cases, up from 18 a week ago.
Schools in Malawi will be shut for at least 15 days while bars have been given an 8pm closing … Read more