Greece reimposes Covid curbs after Christmas easing; just under 3 million Americans vaccinated so far as US death toll continues to rise; Israel vaccinates more than a million people
- England health officials defend contingency plan to mix Covid vaccines
- India approves Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine
- Ireland Covid cases surge as officials warn of ‘rampant’ virus
- Hundreds of thousands more US deaths possible amid vaccine chaos
- Coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Another 314 people have died from coronavirus in Brazil, amid another 15,827 positive cases being recorded in the last 24 hours.
According to its health ministry, the country has registered more than 7.7m cases of the virus since the pandemic began. The official death toll has risen to 195,725.
Teaching unions in Wales have also called for the reopening of schools to be delayed.
NASUWT and the headteachers body NAHT Cymru said concerns over increased transmissibility of the new Covid-19 variant, and its risk to teachers, meant schools should move to home learning.
How to Have a Healthy and Safe Summer
Top Career Pathways into Nursing & Leadership
At a Bay Area ‘Test-to-Treat’ Site, Few Takers for Free Antivirals