Further 38 départements have curfew measures imposed on them in France, as record case numbers reported; movement banned from 12.30am to 5am in locations with high infection rates in Greece; Italy cases break records for second day in a row
- Surge ‘very serious’ in Germany and ‘out of control’ in Spain
- Belgium’s deputy PM in intensive care with coronavirus
- Number of US states seeing record one-day deaths rises to six
- UK coronavirus – live updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Morocco has reported 4,151 new coronavirus infections, the largest one-day rise on record, with nearly half of cases in economic powerhouse Casablanca.
The surge in cases came after Morocco eased some restrictive measures earlier this month, allowing children back to public schools in Casablanca and opening more mosques.
Hi everyone, this is Jessica Murray, taking over the blog for the next few hours.
Please do get in touch with any story tips or personal experiences you would like to share