France’s new infections more than 2,000 higher than previous record; Italy registers 37,809 new cases; Russia says Covid was main cause in 5,199 cases
- Experts urge caution over Denmark’s mink coronavirus scare
- UK closes Denmark travel corridor over mink Covid scare
- UK and others look for lessons from Slovakia mass testing scheme
- EasyJet cuts more flights and sells planes after new Covid controls
- UK coronavirus updates – live
France registered a record 60,486 new confirmed coronavirus cases on Friday, following the previous high of 58,046 on Thursday, health ministry data showed.
The ministry also reported 828 new deaths from coronavirus, including 398 deaths in hospitals over the past 24 hours, and 430 deaths in retirement homes over several days.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday reported 117,988 new coronavirus cases, taking the country’s total caseload to 9,581,770.
The number of deaths also increased by 1,135 to 234,264.
How to Have a Healthy and Safe Summer
Top Career Pathways into Nursing & Leadership
At a Bay Area ‘Test-to-Treat’ Site, Few Takers for Free Antivirals