- Fears of ‘catastrophic’ Covid outbreak in Gaza after first cases outside quarantine emerge
- Spain warns of fired impact of second coronavirus lockdown
- Xinjiang residents handcuffed to homes in Covid lockdown
- UK coronavirus latest – live
- Oxford University Covid-19 vaccine firm denies Trump talks
Brazilian senator Flavio Bolsonaro, the eldest son of president Jair Bolsonaro, has tested positive for coronavirus, according to a statement by Flavio’s spokesman.
Flavio has no symptoms of Covid-19 and is at home, it said, adding he has started taking chloroquine and azithromycin as part of a treatment against the virus.
Hungary can reopen schools next week for the first time since mid-March based on fresh data on coronavirus infections, state news agency MTI reported on Tuesday, citing the minister of human capacities Miklos Kasler.
Kasler said the government had worked out a protocol for schools to follow about social distancing, using sanitisers, and the use of common areas.