- UK reports further 12,872 cases and 65 deaths on Sunday
- Full report: Trump ‘no longer a transmission risk’; India passes 7m cases
- Spain’s PM defends Covid emergency lockdown in Madrid
- Would herd immunity stop the spread of coronavirus?
- Trump coronavirus updates – live
France reported 16,101 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, down from a record of almost 27,000 the previous day.
This brings the country’s cumulative total to 734,974.
Germany should continue restricting the number of people allowed to gather in groups and crack down on unnecessary travel, an adviser to Chancellor Angela Merkel has said.
“We must be a bit stricter in places where infection chains spread mostly, which is parties and, unfortunately, also travel,” the chancellor’s chief of staff, Helge Braun, told public broadcaster ARD.