- How Covid revealed the truth about our world
- FDA chief urged by White House to approve Pfizer vaccine ‘or quit’
- Scientists warn against Christmas gatherings in UK
- California’s ICU beds near capacity as hospitalizations hit record
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The Dutch government will decide on stricter measures to fight the coronavirus outbreak in the Netherlands on Monday, as the country reported the biggest rise in infections in more than six weeks.
New coronavirus infections in the country jumped by almost 10,000 in the 24 hours through Sunday morning, data released by national health authorities showed, as the infection rate has risen to the peak levels reached at the end of October.
France has reported 11,533 new coronavirus infections, compared with 13,947 a day earlier.
The country’s health ministry said 150 people had died in hospital over the past 24 hours as a result of Covid-19.