- EU threatens to block vaccine exports amid AstraZeneca shortfall
- Dutch leaders condemn ‘criminal’ clashes at lockdown protests
- Belgium in conflict with EU travel advice after reversing infection rates
- France bans certain homemade Covid masks for use in public
- Health secretary fires warning at MPs calling for England lockdown easing
A troop of gorillas in a US zoo are recovering from an outbreak of Covid-19 that sickened several of the group’s eight members, the zoo said.
The gorillas began to fall ill on January 6, when two of them started coughing, the statement by San Diego Zoo Global said.
The veterinary team who treated Winston believe the antibodies may have contributed to his ability to overcome the virus,” the zoo said.
Brazil has registered 26,816 new coronavirus cases and 627 deaths, Reuters reports.
It comes as Brazilian pharmaceutical company met with health regulator Anvisa seeking approval to conduct Phase III clinical trials of Russia’s Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine, which it plans to make in Brazil for national immunisation and for export.