- Vaccine trial put on hold due to possible adverse reaction in participant
- Oxford vaccine trial pause – should we be worried?
- Silvio Berlusconi says he is fighting ‘hellish’ case of coronavirus
- Trump crowds eschew masks as president mocks social distancing
- UK coronavirus updates – live
The governor of Brazil’s São Paulo state said today that phase 3 clinical trials of a potential Covid-19 vaccine developed by China’s Sinovac Biotech Ltd have shown promising results and it may be available to Brazilians as early as December.
Governor João Dória added that phase 2 trials of the potential vaccine had shown an immune response of 98% in the elderly.
Here is a picture of Pope Francis wearing a mask in public today – the first time he had done so, according to Reuters. You can find details of what he said at his weekly general audience in an earlier blogpost.