Germany warns cases could hit Christmas peak by April; Australia records first local Covid case in more than two weeks; Poland reports rise in daily cases
- Australian PM and chief medical officer get second dose of vaccine
- Jordan health minister steps down after hospital oxygen failure deaths
- Day of reflection to be held a year after UK’s Covid lockdown began
- Take things slowly as lockdown ends to avoid ‘re-entry’ syndrome
- See all our coronavirus coverage
“Don’t go to other sources, they’re not reliable”, says Morrison. This is perhaps the closest he’s gotten to parliamentary (and former party) colleagues sharing misinformation about the pandemic. The department of health has recently launched a new website to counter misinformation about Covid and vaccines.
Australia’s prime minister Scott Morrison and chief health officer, Paul Kelly, are addressing media.
The NSW hotel worker who tested positive had received the first dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccination, but there is a lag time between vaccination and developed immunity, says Kelly. It’s the state’s first community acquired case in 55 days.