- Wear masks when you see family for Christmas, WHO urges Europeans
- Scheme to get Covid vaccine to poorer countries at ‘high risk’ of failure
- ‘On the brink’: Covid pressure mounts at hospitals in Northern Ireland
- Germany reports record Covid death toll
- Swedish PM says officials misjudged power of Covid resurgence
France will receive around 1.16m Covid-19 vaccine doses by year end, prime minister Jean Castex said, adding another 2.3m will arrive in the next two months.
The delivery of some 3.9m doses will inoculate around 1.7 million people, with priority given to the elderly, the vulnerable and carers.
An Alaskan health worker who had a serious allergic reaction after getting Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine was now stable, public health authorities said.
The adverse reaction in the person, minutes after taking the Pfizer shot on Tuesday, was similar to two cases in Britain.