- White House taskforce warns of ‘unrelenting’ Covid spread
- Angela Merkel heckled by German MPs over lockdown
- France: children aged six and over to wear masks in school
- Taiwan marks 200 days without domestic infection
- Large China outbreak linked to Xinjiang forced labour
Spain’s coronavirus tally climbed by a record 23,580 cases, bringing the the total to 1,136,503 infections, health ministry data showed on Thursday. The death toll rose by 173 to 35,639, the data showed, accelerating slightly from the previous day but below Tuesday’s steep rise of 267.
Working from home will be mandatory in France except when it is technically impossible, the labour minister Elisabeth Borne said on Thursday, as France ordered a new lockdown to curb a second wave of coronavirus infections.
The French government was giving details of a second lockdown that will last until 1 December (see 6.02pm.).