- US breaks daily case record as Fauci warns of ‘terrible’ January
- Vaccine approval differences across UK, Europe and US
- Scenes from hospitals across America – in pictures
- Wuhan virologist warns more bat coronaviruses can cross over
- US coronavirus updates – live
US President-elect Joe Biden said Friday’s “grim” jobs report showed the economic recovery was stalling and warned the “dark winter” ahead would exacerbate the pain unless the US Congress passed a coronavirus relief bill immediately.
Biden said in a statement:
The situation requires urgent action. Americans need help and they need it now.”