- US passes 3.8m coronavirus cases
- Ocasio-Cortez responds to report Republican colleague accosted her
- Poll: almost a third of Americans believe death toll is less than reported
- ACLU says Trump sent Cohen back to prison ‘for writing a book’
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany was pressed on a video from Portland showing a Navy veteran who was peacefully protesting being beaten by federal agents.
McEnany deflected by referring questions to the department of homeland security, but she said the White House “always encourage[s] the appropriate use of force.”
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany is now holding a briefing, hours before Trump’s coronavirus briefing this evening.
McEnany opened the briefing by saying, “By any standard, the violence, chaos and anarchy in Portland are unacceptable.”