Bars and restaurants in Paris face closure from Monday; Turkey’s top medical association criticises decision from president Erdogan’s government
- Madrid region performs U-turn and will obey lockdown rules
- Crisis could force extra 2.5m girls into child marriage – charity
- Turkey and Poland added to England’s quarantine list
- Beijing’s streets during and after Covid lockdown – in pictures
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Here’s a summary of the key global coronavirus developments over the past few hours.
Turkey’s top medical association and the main opposition party have criticised a decision by president Erdogan’s government to only publicly disclose new coronavirus cases if the patient is showing symptoms.
Members of the Turkish Medical Association (TTB) and of the Republican People’s Party (CHP) said the policy, acknowledged late on Wednesday by the health minister, hid the true scale of the pandemic and was meant to keep the economy moving.