- President will also tout stimulus package on anniversary of pandemic
- Chris Miller says attack would not have happened without speech
- Biden signs ‘historic’ $1.9tn coronavirus relief bill into law
- $1,400 checks and vaccine funds: what’s in the stimulus bill
- Senate advances Xavier Becerra’s health secretary nomination
Matthew McConaughey has announced he is “seriously considering” a run for Texas governor, a year before the state election.
The actor revealed his intention on a recent episode of Crime Stoppers of Houston’s The Balanced Voice podcast on Wednesday. He told the host, Rania Mankarious, that running for governor was a “true consideration”.
Related: Matthew McConaughey ‘seriously considering’ run for Texas governor
The US House on Wednesday passed the huge $1.9tn coronavirus relief and economic stimulus package that represents Joe Biden’s first major legislative victory.
The massive legislation is a broadly popular bill with the public yet it received no Republican support. It aims to fulfill Democrats’ campaign promise to combat the coronavirus and revive a pummeled economy.
Related: $1,400 stimulus checks and vaccine funds: what the Covid relief bill contains