- House speaker also criticized Republicans’ ‘complete disarray’ in letter
- Warnings that changes to USPS could disenfranchise voters
- From Oakland to the White House? The rise of Kamala Harris
- Flu and Covid: winter could bring ‘double-barrel’ outbreak to US
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
The Hill reports that Bill Mitchell, a pro-Trump pundit has been permanently suspended from Twitter.
“[Mitchell] has been permanently suspended for violating the Twitter Rules by using one account to evade the suspension of another account,” a Twitter spokesperson told the Hill in an email.
New York reports that there are 523 people in hospital in the state due to Covid-19, which NY governor Andrew Cuomo says is the lowest number since 17 March.
Of the 88,668 tests in New York on Friday, 734 were positive. Five people died from the virus in New York on Friday.
Great news today:
Lowest number of hospitalizations since March 17.
8th consecutive day of an infection rate below 1%.
Record-high number of tests. https://t.co/tZ1R1LbhCe