- Senate has officially voted to acquit Trump on 57-43 vote
- Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler’s statement added to trial record
- Defense lawyers argue Trump is victim of ‘cancel culture’
- McConnell confirms to colleagues he will vote to acquit Trump – reports
- Lawyers ridiculed over video of Democrats saying ‘fight’
- Capitol police officer Goodman awarded Congressional Gold Medal
Fox News seemed to suggest the Republicans who supported convicting Donald Trump had betrayed their voters, saying in a news alert that the seven senators “turned their backs” on the former president.
Actual Fox News alert I just received. pic.twitter.com/LuJAVNr6Fv
Senator Lisa Murkowski was one of the seven Republicans who voted to convict Donald Trump in the impeachment trial. Of those seven Republicans, Murkowski is the only one who is up for reelection next year.
Murkowski said in an interview that she felt it was important for her to stand up for her values with this vote.