- House speaker says debate on 25th amendment will occur Friday
- Trump claims he isn’t contagious and is well enough to attend rallies
- Harris and Mike Pence clash over coronavirus response
- Five key takeaways from the vice-presidential debate
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
It has been a busy morning, in part because the president gave his first interview since being admitted to the hospital for a Covid-19 infection.
In a morning that would have theoretically been focused on vice president Mike Pence’s performance at the debate last night, attention was instead on the president’s wide-ranging comments. Those and other major events summarized here:
Joe Biden today tested negative for Covid-19, according to the campaign.
Biden campaign: “Vice President Biden underwent PCR testing for COVID-19 today and COVID-19 was not detected.”