Face coverings to be made mandatory in more indoor settings in England; government criticised for ‘shockingly short notice’ lockdown before Eid
- PM delays latest round of lockdown easing
- Why has easing of the lockdown in England been delayed?
- What are new lockdown rules in northern England?
- Hands, face, space: Boris Johnson unveils new coronavirus slogan
- Global coronavirus updates – live
A further 120 Covid-associated fatalities have been recorded, according to today’s update on the government’s coronavirus data dashboard. That brings the government’s tally to 46,119.
However, there is a caveat to about this data, as my colleague Andrew Sparrow writes:
Reacting to the prime minister’s peerage nominations, Lord Fowler, the Lord Speaker, said:
This list of new peers marks a lost opportunity to reduce numbers in the House of Lords.
The result will be that the House will soon be nearly 830 strong – almost 200 greater than the House of Commons.