- Councils in north-west England want lockdown to remain as cases rise
- Joy, tears and controls: children return to school in England
- No mass return of London commuters amid Covid concerns
- Decision due soon on GCSE and A-level delays
- Latest global coronavirus updates
The government has published its latest daily coronavirus death toll for the UK. A further three deaths have been recorded.
In the Commons Bob Blackman, a Conservative, asks if the government is considering extending the school day for half an hour to allow pupils to catch up with the schooling they’ve missed.
Williamson says that longer school hours, or even schooling at weekends, could benefit the children who need most help. But he implies that he will not be recommending this across the board. He says the government has a catch-up fund. But it will be for individual schools to decide what they do, he says.