- MPs approve England lockdown despite Tory rebellion
- Care home residents in England can get visits, says Hancock
- Tory-linked firm involved in testing failure gets new £347 Covid contract
- Only ‘small chance’ Oxford vaccine ready by Christmas
- Coronavirus – latest updates
We’ve just finished two weeks of intensive talks with the EU.
Progress made, but I agree with @MichelBarnier that wide divergences remain on some core issues. We continue to work to find solutions that fully respect UK sovereignty.
According to HuffPost’s Paul Waugh, 21 Conservatives in total abstained.
CONFIRMED Theresa May was one of 21 Tory MPs to abstain
A further 32 Tory MPs, plus 2 tellers, voted against the lockdown regulations.
That’s a quite a rebellion in total: 55 Conservatives refused to back @BorisJohnson new restrictions.
Five of the Tories were paired, so rebellion looks like 50