- Kayleigh McEnany: electoral college vote ‘was just one step’
- Mitch McConnell: ‘The electoral college has spoken’
- Biden taps Pete Buttigieg for transportation chief
- Biden rebukes Trump after electoral college victory
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
“Good afternoon to the great, blue state of Georgia,” Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said, opening her remarks at the rally. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
Georgia narrowly voted for Biden in November, the first time the state voted for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1992.
Stacey Abrams has taken the stage in Atlanta, Georgia, where Biden is due to host a rally for Democratic Senate candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock.
In a fiery speech, Abrams warned of the cost of re-electing Republican senators Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue.